8818 W. Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA
Slake brings Issue No. 4, “Dirt,” to the infamous Sunset Strip at the landmark Book Soup. Peruse the shelves with the who’s who of L.A. and enjoy a full plate of readings.
Here’s our lineup:
• Andrew Ramirez Ruben Ruiz pulled into the driveway of his single-story house a little after 7. It was Friday and he was tired.
• Lauren Weedman A grocery clerk at my local market asks, “How ya doing today?” Normally I like to answer that question with, “I have no idea—I’m super medicated,” or just, “Drunk.”
• Vanessa Carlisle It’s almost midnight on Tuesday, November 29, 2011, and we’re preparing ourselves for the end of the longest-running Occupy encampment in the United States.
• Iris Berry Art Kunkin walks into the Ma Rouge Coffee House in Yucca Valley on a late fall day carrying a large portfolio and hugging a sealed glass jug containing six red “magic apples.”
• Greg Goldin & Sam Lubell Cities boom and bust, and when they’re flush they are alive with architectural bluster.