3245 Casitas Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90039
Come toast Slake’s new issue! Our issue-release parties have become opportunities for Los Angeles’s ever-growing lit, art, and music communities to congregate, swap stories, drink, eat, and revel in the beauty of the printed word. Everyone will have a chance to spend time with the guest of honor, Slake No. 4, “Dirt.”
Advance tickets are $5. Same-day admission is $8; enhanced admission packages include copies of the issue, original art, and other items. Click here to purchase tickets.
The night will include:
• Free beer from new local brewers Golden Road Brewing
• DJ sets by the experimental collective Ojo
• Live, haunting, acoustic music by John Curry’s The Edwardo Show
• Art show featuring Slake No. 4 artists and photographers Anne McCaddon, Brenna Youngblood, Kevin Zacher, Ted Soqui, Anne Fishbein, Allen Tombello, Ginny Cook and more
• Slake artists doing original artwork for limited-edition debut album by Detective, the new band featuring Slaker and former Guided By Voices member James Greer
• Dirty dance performance by choreographer and Kristin Campbell-Taylor
• Let’s Be Frank hot dog truck
• Delicioso flatbread and wine from Atwater Grill Wood Fire Kitchen and other items for purchase
• Handsome Coffee
• Free pie served up by the Slake pie girls!
• Stacks and stacks of Slake No. 4 for sale
RSVP for updates on the party, but note that an RSVP doesn’t equal a ticket purchase. Buy tickets here.